If you use a PC and are running Trend Micro Internet Security, chances are you’ve come across the dreaded “feature bloat” issue. The thing is, while most users might not appreciate it, Trend Micro is trying to keep its antivirus software as up-to-date as possible by incorporating new features whenever possible. Therefore, the more than occasional re-installation of a top antivirus solution is inevitable. But with that being said, it’s important to know how to reinstall Trend Micro on your PC in order to avoid any issues when upgrading or replacing your current antivirus software. Thankfully, there aren’t many steps involved in reinstalling TrendMicro on your PC—so if you are an intermediate user who has worked with antiviruses before, read on!
Reinstall Trend Micro using TrendMicro Uninstaller
If you’re familiar with the TrendMicro Uninstaller, you can reinstall Trend Micro on your PC using this tool.
- First, open the TrendMicro Uninstaller, then go to the “Create Custom Package” tab.
- In this tab, make sure “Add Program” is checked, then type “TrendMicro” in the search bar.
- Select the TrendMicro program you’d like to uninstall and click “Add Selected Items to Custom Package.”
- You can also create a custom uninstall package by hand. When done, click “Create Custom Package.”
- After that, save the TrendMicro Uninstaller’s settings to use next time.
Reinstall Trend Micro Manually
If you want to manually reinstall Trend Micro on your PC, you should create a backup first. This way, if something goes wrong, you can restore the previous state of your PC. Additionally, you can restore your backed-up files and settings, so there’s no need to make any drastic decisions.
- To reinstall Trend Micro on your PC, connect it to a live Internet connection.
- Then, open the Settings app and go to the System panel.
- From here, select the “Update and recovery” option, then select the Trend Micro option, then select the “Reinstall” option.
- As you can see in the screenshot below, this will take you to the Trend Micro Uninstaller’s interface, which you can use to uninstall Trend Micro.
How to reinstall TrendMicro security on windows 10 or 11, if you lose it?
- Launch the frequently used browser and go to the manufacturer’s site.
- Specify your OS version in the field provided and press the Enter button.
- Click the Download Installer button to save the Antivirus file to your computer.
- Next, double-click on the TTi_15.0_MR_Full.exe file to begin the installation.
- Tap the Yes option in the User Account Control window.
- Wait till the files are extracted. After the Trend Micro install extraction process is over, the computer will be checked to know if it is compatible with the Antivirus program.
- If you are using the paid version, you have to enter the Serial Number correctly.
- Read through the Data Disclosure Notice and tap the Next button.
- Click the Agree and Install button in the License Agreement window.
- Wait till the installation procedure is over and then activate the Antivirus program.
- Enter the Computer Name. After the installation completes, you can start scanning for the virus.
How to reinstall TrendMicro for your mac?
- Download the .dmg or installer file of the Trend Micro Antivirus software and then save it on your Mac system.
- Then, open the Trend Micro install Antivirus file on your Mac desktop and then click on the Install Antivirus option.
- Continue with the installation by choosing the Open button on the Security Warning dialog box.
- Click Continue and then choose the Continue button again on the Welcome pop-up window.
- Study the instructions that are mentioned on the Privacy and Personal Data Collection Disclosure screen.
- Select Continue, then study the License Agreement, and then click on the Continue button again.
- When you are instructed to agree to the License Agreements, select the Agree option.
- Provide the serial number of your software on the box given and then choose Continue. You can obtain the serial number from the order confirmation mail or CD.
- Choose Install, and mention your admin password, and then click on the Install Software button.
- Type your email address and then select the Continue option. Once you have completed the installation, click on the Close button.
Select a new antivirus software before reinstalling Trend Micro
If you’re reinstalling Trend Micro on your PC and don’t want to re-download any antivirus software, you can select a different antivirus solution before uninstalling Trend Micro. However, as a general rule, you shouldn’t change your antivirus solution until you’ve verified that the new solution works properly. Furthermore, if you switch antivirus solutions, consider re-backing up your computer first. This way, you can easily restore the state of your PC in the event that something goes wrong during the switch. Now that you’ve selected a new antivirus solution, you can uninstall Trend Micro from your PC. Start by opening the Settings app and going to System > Updates. From here, select Trend Micro and uncheck the feature. Now, you should be able to uninstall Trend Micro with ease. When done, you can re-install the new antivirus software.
Troubleshoot issues if you can’t reinstall Trend Micro
If you tried to reinstall Trend Micro on your PC, but it didn’t work, you can troubleshoot the issue a few different ways. First, make sure that you have a live Internet connection when you uninstall Trend Micro. This way, you can use the Trend Micro Uninstaller to reinstall Trend Micro on your PC. Next, try reinstalling Trend Micro again. However, this time, select the “Uninstall” option instead of the “Reinstall” option. This will uninstall Trend Micro and remove it from your computer. If the issue persists, you can try re-installing Trend Micro on your PC again, but this time, skip the “Reinstall” option. Instead, select the “Uninstall” option.
If you have to reinstall Trend Micro on your PC, you can do so without any issues as long as you select a new antivirus solution before uninstalling Trend Micro. Additionally, if you can’t uninstall Trend Micro using the Trend Micro Uninstaller, you can try re-installing Trend Micro on your PC again, but this time, select the “Uninstall” option instead of the “Reinstall” option. Before you know it, you’ll have your new antivirus software up and running! Trend Micro is a well-known antivirus software solution that protects your computer from malware and other online threats. However, what many users don’t know is that Trend Micro comes with “feature bloat,” a practice that’s common among antivirus software solutions. Essentially, Trend Micro is constantly introducing new features and functionality, which can sometimes break your computer. Trend Micro is one of the most effective antivirus solutions available, so it’s important that it stays up-to-date on your computer. However, Trend Micro’s re-installing issues can be frustrating. Fortunately, if you follow these steps, you can reinstall Trend Micro on your PC without issue.